This post is also available in: Nederlands
The Outdoors Chestpack
Today I want to introduce you to the Numbat Chestpack of the „Bushcraft Line“ by the polish manufacturer Helikon Tex. It’s a civilian styled adminpouch – that’s probably the best way to describe this piece of equipment.
Adminpouches are well-known and used by the military for storing away and organizing maps and other „quick to access“ small items, which are then strapped to chest rigs or plate carriers – using the PALS/MOLLE webbing. Latter is the biggest difference to the Numbat Chestpack, as it is a „stand-alone“ (or better „carry-alone“) solution.
Like some of the military counterparts, the Numbat is equiped with PALS-ish loops to attach pouches (small medical pouch e.g.) or equipment. But we’ll get into the details a bit further on.
- Weight: 490 g
- Size: 19.5 x 29 x 6 cm (or 7.68 x 11 x 2.36 in)
- Material: 500D Cordura®
- External Features: 2x elastic front pockets, mounting points, elastic cord on bottom
- Internal Features, fixed: 4x smal slit pockets, 2x medium slit pockets, 1x large zipper compartment, 1x velcro back (VIS compatible; Versatile Insert System by Helikon Tex)
- Internal Features, detachable: 4x smal slit pockets with elastic bands, 2x medium slit pockets, velcro surface for patches, clear view map compartment
- Available in several colours, for more information – visit the Helikon Tex website
Let’s start with the front of the pack.
As you can see, I’ve added a few pieces of equipment for display purposes.
The two slightly diagonally placed